Eastgate Cottages National Lockdown
Sadly we are closed for normal business due to the national lockdown restrictions. We can only welcome guests that are expressly permitted under the government exemptions i.e. essential business travel, caring responsibilities, funerals etc.. If you wish to book under these exemption please contact us so that we can verify if you the booking is valid.
If you make a reservation for 2021 and you are not able to travel due to national or local lockdown restrictions or you are required to self isolate then we will issue a voucher for the full amount you have paid to revisit within the next 12 months.
We are currently on furlough but our website is available for online bookings, we can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org. The office is manned on Monday morning only but we have a telephone answer machine response and we will get back to you as soon as possible, please be patient, our service will not be as efficient as normal.
Our priority is always the safety of our staff, guests and the local community. We anticipate that if and when we are able to reopen we will still need to operate the stringent COVID measures that we operated when we were open in 2020, these are outlines below but if you have any queries please ask.
To make things as safe as possible we have made changes to the way we operate, adapting our cleaning regimes inline with official recommendations and ensuring our response is as robust as possible so you can relax and enjoy your stay.
Some of the changes you can expect are:
- A video rather than a personal welcome to the cottages and a video tour for new customers.
- The laundry room will remain closed whilst current regulations prevail, if in a cottage without washing machine bring plenty of clothes.
- The office will not be available to guests but we usually around onsite and available by phone and email.
- Soft furnishings like cushions, throws as well as books and games and materials seen as non essential have been removed from the cottage.
- The cutlery, crockery and kitchenware is significantly reduced from normal to make it practical to sanitise everything between lets.
- Arrival and departure times will be changed; earliest arrival 3pm and departure by 9am ( on busy changeover days) to allow us the extra time needed to sanitise the cottage inline with recommendations.
The joy of self catering is that you can control your own environment and venture out as much or as little as you wish our visitors last Summer were very supportive and complimentary of our response but if you have ANY queries please ask.
In all cases whether travelling abroad or in the UK you should review and consider your holiday insurance in case of a further outbreak. If you have paid either in full or a deposit and we are not able to open due to government regulations then your booking will be transferred to a mutually agreeable date in the next 12 months.
We will do our very best to ensure that the “new normal” means that you are able to relax and enjoy your holiday at Eastgate Cottages