Eastgate Cottages : Re opening.
We are delighted to have reopened on April 12th for single family/bubble occupancy. During this first phase of reopening restaurant and pubs will not be open for indoor use but there are plenty of places for takeaway for or outdoor eating and of course the Cottage is equipped so you can cater for yourself. Visitor Attractions are also allowed to reopen from this date.The second phase of reopening when pubs and restaurants can fully reopen is planned for May 17th.
If you make a reservation and you are not able to travel due to national or local lockdown restrictions or you are required to self isolate then we will issue you a voucher for the full amount you have paid to revisit within the next 12 months.
Our priority is the safety of our staff, guests and the local community. We operate the stringent COVID security measures that we employed when we were open in 2020, these are outlined below but if you have any queries do please ask. We are all regularly tested for COVID 19 to ensure we can give you further reassurance that you visit will be as safe as we can make it.
To make things as safe as possible we have made changes to the way we operate, adapting our cleaning regimes inline with official recommendations ensuring our response is as robust as possible so you can relax and enjoy your stay.
Some of the changes you can expect are:
- A video rather than a personal welcome to the cottages and a video tour for new customers.
- The laundry room will be closed until May 17th (phase2) when it will be available for restricted times for one person only. N.B many cottage have their own washing machines.
- The office will not be available to guests but we usually around onsite and available by phone and e.mail.
- Some soft furnishings like cushions, as well as books and games and items seen as non essential have been removed from the cottage.
- The cutlery, crockery and kitchenware is reduced from normal to make it practical to sanitise between lets.
- Arrival and departure times have been changed. The earliest arrival is 3pm and departures by 9.30am allowing us the extra time needed to sanitise the cottages.
The joy of self catering is that you can control your own environment and venture out as much or as little as you wish our visitors last summer were very supportive and complimentary of our response but if you have ANY queries please ask.
In all cases whether travelling abroad or in the UK you should review and consider your holiday insurance. If you have paid either in full or a deposit and we are not able to open due to government regulations then your booking will be transferred to a mutually agreeable date in the next 12 months or_ a refund issued.
We will do our very best to ensure that the “new normal” means that you are able to relax and enjoy your holiday at Eastgate Cottages.